yellow

Friday, April 29, 2011

Just Some Thoughts

I know it's been a while since my last post.  I keep telling myself I'm going to get on top of it! No pictures this time, just some thoughts.  My wonderful husband means everything to me.  Last night after my last chem class this semester he surprised me with some beautiful flowers.  I seriously think I'm the luckiest girl in the world.  But despite all this my heart is aching with the thought of losing him for 6 weeks this summer.  We have been given the incredible opportunity of pursuing a career in the United States Marine Corps where Casey hopes to someday become an Officer.  This is a wonderful blessing in our lives but also a source of sadness for me as I prepare to live independently for the first time...ever.  I simply don't know what I will do with out Casey.  He jokes that being married to me is like being married to a 5 year old and I have to admit that there may be some truth to that.  In our home I can't seem to find anything...Casey, on the other hand, seems to have the incredible ability to know where EVERYTHING is.  I think I may spend a good portion of the 6 weeks just wandering through our tiny apartment trying to locate various things.  Yikes.  But the thing that scares me the most is not being able to talk with my husband and have his companionship.  I don't know how I will overcome that trial.  I will be a day to day experiment.  The only consolation I can think of is that I have our amazing puppy, Lulu, to care for and to keep me company.  I hope it will be enough.  I hope and pray that at the end of the 6 weeks I will be able to look back at it knowing that I am a stronger individual and that Casey and I have a stronger relationship because of our time apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment