yellow

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

All things in my life I am grateful for...

Today has been a special day for me.  Not because something incredible has been happening, in fact, it was a pretty cruddy day all together.  But because I was able to start seeing and realizing that I truly am grateful for everything in my life.

I was running late for work this morning and didn't have time to pack a lunch, we didn't have the stuff to make my usual salad anyway.  So my sweet husband volunteered to go buy the stuff, make me one, and then come have lunch with me.  I was surprised to see him with a Cafe Rio salad when my lunch break finally rolled around.  It's my favorite, and it was a little thing, but it made my whole day.  And that's when I realized that the one thing that I am most grateful for in my life is my Heavenly Father who directed me into the arms of the most caring person I will ever meet.  This shows how shaky my faith can be in Him but it blows my mind each day that my happily ever after includes Casey Zimmer.  I love him so much, and more than I could ever describe.

Tonight, Casey and I are planning on going to the Temple.  My heart feels peace there.  In my increasingly chaotic world the peace of the Temple is the one place I can go to just feel better.  That and into the arms of my husband.

My new goal is to post each day something that I'm grateful for.  I know I won't be perfect at it but it's worth a shot :)

1 comment:

  1. You're so sweet, and I am so happy that you're this happy :) Our husbands are truly God-sent!

    ReplyDelete