yellow

Friday, May 27, 2011

The Beginning of a Long Stretch...

Casey left for Officer Candidate School early this morning.  He will be in Virginia for the next 6 weeks undergoing some crazy intense training.  After sneaking him home last night from sneaking him out of the hotel he was supposed to be staying at I dropped him off again at around 4:30 AM.  I'm pretty proud of myself for holding it together pretty well this morning.  Of course there were tears but I did a good job keeping it contained.    On our drive to the hotel this morning we realized that today marks 10 months to the day that Casey kissed me for the first time and changed both our lives.  Even though our relationship advanced quickly from there, we couldn't know then that we would have this life together now.  I love my husband so much.  It's been just a few hours since I said good-bye to him but I already miss him so much.  I am completely dreading the next 6 weeks.  I'm seriously not sure how I'm going to function.  Today I feel like I'm just kind of in shock.  I cry sporadically and feel as though at any moment I'm just going to come apart.  This is definitely the beginning of a long stretch.   

No comments:

Post a Comment